Welcome to earth...


Welcome to Earth....

I'm Chris Hayes and i'm a Graphic Design and :::..:::.....:. Illustration student studying at UEL::...::..::::..::. This is my blog showing my work i've done throughout the year:::..:.....:::..::.. I hope you enjoy it, and follow::......:.:.

as a side note, I hate the word 'basically' so if this is ever mentioned then let me know::.:.:.....::::..

::..:.::.::::...:. Om du Kanner att du vill kommentera nagra inlagg sedan gor och din critisim ar valkomna:::...::..:::

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Excuses 1


::..:......::Ed was not in today either and the reason for it? "I'm sorry but I am shooting a commercial for Sony". Which lead to this project...excuses. We had to come up with an excuse of our own!

Now as we were doing narratives in Illustration, my previous work with comic I decided to stay on the same road but experiment with typography now! This project actually ran quite smoothly in the sense that my first idea actually received positive feedback from both Dan and my peers. Although my original piece did not look like a comic book effect, but more like a comic book font spliced with a western theme....which did look good but sadly it was not enough. So i came up with the idea of putting into small boxes, the same way as they do in the comic's. I attempted with 5 boxes, each with it's own word but unfortunately as some words were longer than others it did not give me the impact i wanted. So i decided to break the words up a bit into several boxes. This did look better but it still did not look like enough. 

After going through some more comic's I just couldn't find any inspiration for it until i came across a Graphic Novel. Now unlike the comic's i'd been reading, the first letter of each chapter overlapped the drawing canvas and spilled onto the whites of the page. This gave the page so much more feel and danger. So i adopted that and put into into my work and hey presto! 

Although this is a little hard to read due to the words breaking up. The colour used was with a posca pen, or pens. These had a great vibrant colour which i could use and the effect of paint gave it more of a feel to it::..:......::

No comments:

Post a Comment