Welcome to earth...


Welcome to Earth....

I'm Chris Hayes and i'm a Graphic Design and :::..:::.....:. Illustration student studying at UEL::...::..::::..::. This is my blog showing my work i've done throughout the year:::..:.....:::..::.. I hope you enjoy it, and follow::......:.:.

as a side note, I hate the word 'basically' so if this is ever mentioned then let me know::.:.:.....::::..

::..:.::.::::...:. Om du Kanner att du vill kommentera nagra inlagg sedan gor och din critisim ar valkomna:::...::..:::

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Girl


::::....::.:.::::...::.....:::..:.:.:.::::......:........::::....

:::...:.........:The piece of work above is a response to the image shown on the left.
When I looked at this image I thought immediately of pregnancy in the 1950's. 

The previous night I had watched part of a series by Steven Spielberg called 'Taken'.  On that particular episode the main protagonist was issued with cigarettes to calm his nerves by a doctor who also stated that they were "good for you". Both of these idea's were spilled onto this work and I came up with the idea of drawing a modern cigarette packet with a foetus on the label instead of 'Smoking Kills'. This was also done on the basis that they has warped views of smoking in the 1950's, whether it was propaganda or plain ignorance I wanted it to look like the cigarette brand was promoting pregnancy or making a statement that smoking will help you get pregnant. Which of course, it wont.....:.:........::

No comments:

Post a Comment